These picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the beginning sound of picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same beginning sound. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, or homework.
- Beginning sound sorts for all 26 letters of the alphabet comparing one sound versus not that sound (e.g., /S/ or not /S/)
- NO PREP printables with all components on one page
- I Can… poster with center directions
- There are five pictures per anchor sound and five pictures that are not the anchor sound.
- Anchor pictures match our ABC Handwriting Pages and Wall Cards. We have added alternative anchor pictures for the letters Nn, Uu, Vv, and Yy that might be easier for your students to identify if not using our ABC Letter Name/Sound program.
- Students do not need to know all of the letter names to do these sorts. The purpose is for them to learn, practice and apply the one anchor sound and connect it to that letter name.
- To extend the learning, students can write the beginning sound (or all sounds they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
There are no reviews yet.