No-prep picture sorts! These word family picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the rime (vowel and consonant or consonants after the initial sound) or word family of the picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same rime or word family. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, distance learning, or homework.
Two Word Family (rime) Sorts:
Three Word Family (rime) Sorts:
- NO PREP printables with all components
- I Can… poster with center directions
- There are five pictures per anchor rime on the two rime sorts and three to four pictures per anchor rime on the three rime sorts.
- To extend the learning, students can write the short vowel word (or all the sounds that they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
• Alphabet ABC Handwriting Practice Pages
• Alphabet BUNDLE- ABC Handwriting Pages, Wall Cards, Song, and Puzzles
• Alphabet Song and Hand Movements with Wall Cards
• Alphabet Mystery- Literacy Centers, Activities, & Room Transformation
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to click on GREEN ⭐ star ⭐ to follow our store for new products and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods
There are no reviews yet.