These picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, distance learning, or homework.
- 9 two word family (rime) sorts
- 12 three word family (rime) sorts
( Long Vowels and Short Vowels)
- 25 beginning sound sorts comparing two vowel sounds (long and short vowels)
- Sorts include: short vowel vs. short vowel, long vowel vs. long vowel, and short vowel vs. long vowel
- 10 two short vowel medial sorts
- 9 three short vowel medial sorts
- NO PREP printables with all components on one page
- I Can… poster with center directions
A total of 65 different picture sorts!
How to Use:
During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the beginning sound, medial vowel, or rime of picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same sound.
- There are five pictures per anchor sound or rime on the two column sorts and three to four pictures per anchor rime or sound on the three column sorts.
- To extend the learning, students can write the word (or all the sounds that they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected]. Be sure to click on GREEN ⭐ star ⭐ to follow our store for new products and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods