These picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the medial sound (short vowel) of the picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same short vowel medial sound. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, distance learning, or homework.
Two Short Vowel Medial Sorts:
Three Short Vowel Medial Sorts:
- NO PREP printables with all components on one page
- I Can… poster with center directions
- There are five pictures per anchor rime on the two short vowel medial sound sorts and three to four pictures per anchor rime on the three short vowel medial sound sorts.
- To extend the learning, students can write the short vowel word (or all the sounds that they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
• Alphabet ABC Handwriting Practice Pages
• Alphabet BUNDLE- ABC Handwriting Pages, Wall Cards, Song, and Puzzles
• Alphabet Song and Hand Movements with Wall Cards
• Alphabet Mystery- Literacy Centers, Activities, & Room Transformation
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to click on GREEN ⭐ star ⭐ to follow our store for new products and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods
There are no reviews yet.