These picture sorts are a hands-on approach to word study and an excellent way for students to learn, practice, and apply phonemic awareness skills. During the picture sort, students compare and contrast the beginning or ending sound (depending on the sort) of picture cards to an anchor picture to determine if it has the same beginning (or ending) sound. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, or homework.
Beginning Sound and Beginning Consonant Digraph Sorts:
Ending Consonant Digraph Sorts:
Beginning Consonant Blend Sorts:
- NO PREP printables with all components on one page
- I Can… poster with center directions
- There are four pictures per anchor sound.
- To extend the learning, students can write the beginning consonant digraph sound or consonant blend sounds (or all the sounds that they hear) for each picture on or near the picture.
• Alphabet ABC Handwriting Practice Pages
• Alphabet BUNDLE- ABC Handwriting Pages, Wall Cards, Song, and Puzzles
• Alphabet Song and Hand Movements with Wall Cards
• Alphabet Mystery- Literacy Centers, Activities, & Room Transformation
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to click on GREEN ⭐ star ⭐ to follow our store for new products and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods
There are no reviews yet.