Have you tried Boom Cards™ yet?
Oh my gosh! We are O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D!!! They have made differentiating skills our students need to practice SO easy and all without any prep! Our students are getting exactly what they need to practice, and all we did is click a button or two!
You may be wondering… What are Boom Cards™?
Boom Cards™ are digital, engaging, interactive activities that are self-checking. Students can practice a variety of skills in a game-like format. Here are just a few of the many skills available on Boom Cards™: letter names, letter sounds, CVC word reading and spelling, CVC sentences, number identification, math facts, and many more.
Top 10 Reasons to Use Boom Cards™
There are many reasons for Boom Cards™ amazingness! Here in no particular order are our top ten…
- Interactive: Students are interacting with the cards by clicking, filling in, or dragging and dropping in a game-like format.
- Self-Checking: Students get immediate feedback on each card and can see at a glance how many they got correct.
- No Prep: The cards are completely digital, so NO paper, printing, copying, laminating, or cutting.
- Audio Directions and Support and Voice Overs: Many decks (group of Boom Cards™) have a sound feature which allows a student to tap on a speaker button to hear the directions, any text, or the name of a picture. Some decks also automatically read the directions.
- Free: Boom Card™ accounts are FREE!! There are many free Boom Card™ decks you can use with your students. You can also upgrade to a paid account that offers more features such as student progress and activity reports. The paid accounts are VERY affordable and offer great value.
- School or Home Use: Boom Cards™ can be used at home for homework, extra practice or distance learning. They, of course, are perfect for face-to-face teaching whether hybrid or fully in the classroom. They work amazingly for independent task time or even whole-group practice.
- Multiple Devices and Platforms: Boom Cards™ can be accessed and used through the boom website on a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook (use the Chrome browser for better results) or on an iPad or a Kindle Fire (later models work best) using the Boom Card™ app. Boom Cards™ can also be used with online platforms such as Google Classroom™ and Seesaw™.
- Easy to Differentiate: Boom Cards™ can be quickly and easily assigned to individual students or groups of students making it very easy to differentiate the skill you want your students to work on. Partial decks or selected cards of a deck can also be assigned to meet the needs of individual students. Students can also work through a deck at their own pace.
- Teacher Created: Boom Cards™ are created by teachers that know just what kids need and how to keep them engaged.
- Thousand and Thousands: There are literally thousands of different Boom Cards™ to choose from to meet your classroom needs and the needs of your classroom.
Have we convinced you of the AWESOMENESS of using Boom Cards™? Are you thinking, “Now what?” Never fear…
Getting Started with Boom Cards™ is as Easy as One, Two, Three!
- Go to wow.boomlearning.com to set up a free account.
2. Enter your email and password and click create an account.
3. Download some free decks or purchase some decks from Boom Learning or TPT (you will receive a PDF with instructions and a link to the Boom Card™ deck), and start assigning to students.
OPTIONAL: If you would like to assign different decks to different students or upgrade to one of the paid accounts, you will want to input your students and set up your class.
Boom Cards™ sound almost too good to be true, but we promise you they are even better than we have told you! But you don’t need to just take our word for it, give them a try.
Click on the picture to try out a deck for FREE.
Check out some of our other Boom Cards™ that might be a perfect fit for your student and classroom needs.
The Boom Card™ website is full of helpful tips, step-by-step directions, and links to fabulous video tutorials from getting started to advanced applications.
Click HERE for a Quick Start Guide to Boom Learning for Teachers.
Click HERE for help with setting up Boom Learning.
Click HERE for a Boom Cards™ 101 video tutorial.
Let us know how you like Boom Cards or if you have any questions in the comments or by emailing us at email@example.com.