Engaging and hands-on CVC practice! Your students will love “typing” and writing CVC words. This CVC activity is perfect to use with “Pop It” keyboards, real keyboards, or the included printable keyboard. This phonics activity is great for whole-class teaching, small group instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, morning work, or intervention.
- 60 CVC cards (12 pictures for each short vowel)
- Two different recording sheets (one to write the CVC word only and one to write the CVC word and use it in a sentence)
- Keyboard to print (or you can use a real keyboard or “Pop It” keyboard)
Why use CVC Type and Write?
Research supports how important it is for beginning readers to practice encoding CVC words. Intentional, frequent, and focused opportunities to practice over an extended time (deliberate practice) facilitates automaticity with this skill. Since research also shows that learners are more motivated to do an activity that is fun and novel, CVC Type and Write is an activity that meets that criteria. CVC Typing combines the motivation of a hands-on, engaging activity and deliberate practice with the goal of helping students gain automaticity in writing CVC words and does it in a way that is both fun and motivational.
How to Use:
- Go over each picture name with the students and have them repeat the name of each picture.
- If students do the activity independently, teach them to say the picture, segment the sounds, and then type and write the sounds they hear in the word.
- If students are using the sentence recording sheet, they will write the word on the computer screen and then use the word in a sentence.
This CVC Type and Write activity can be used as morning work, at the beginning of a reading group, in a literacy center, or any other way that fits with your needs. It’s also a useful tool to be used by a parent volunteer or a paraprofessional working with one or a few students.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Beginning and Ending Digraphs Fishing
Literacy and Math Locks BUNDLE
Consonant and Vowel Picture Sorts BUNDLE
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to click HERE to follow our store for new products and freebies! We will be adding additional type and write products for a variety of math and literacy skills!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods
There are no reviews yet.