This Penguin STEAM Day is a collection of engaging STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) centers, activities, and printables. It is full of engaging penguin themed activities. This STEAM day is great for a once-a-week Fun Friday activity, a Reward Day, a party, or any day!
- Two science activities: a Penguin Water and Oil Science Experiment and a Penguin Feather Investigation (both show how penguins’ feathers stay dry while they are in the ocean) with recording sheets and a Scientific Process poster.
- Penguin Boom Card™ Counting and Number Recognition Boom Card™ Game with picture and audio support (numbers 1 to 20)
- Students will design and build something that penguins can slide on for the engineering challenge. Another layer of learning can be added by introducing the concept of friction. The Penguin Slide Engineering Challenge comes with a recording sheet and an Engineering Design Process poster
- Two penguin art activities: Direct Draw Penguin with optional writing and a Penguin Tear Art activity
- Penguin One More, One Less math activity (with numbers from 2 to 19) and recording sheets. There are several options on different ways to use this activity.
- Interactive Read Aloud Lesson Plans for National Geographic Kids: Penguins
- Photo Sign
- Live Animal signs
- Detailed Directions
How do I set up the Penguins STEAM Day?
There are many different ways this day can be set up. Split kids into small groups and rotate through the activities over a one day period, or spread it out over two weeks (one day per week). You can also do one center/activity a day. Many of the activities are independent, so that the Penguin STEAM Day can be done with one teacher. The activities can also be done whole class if enough materials are prepared.
We hope you and your students have fun with the Penguin STEAM Day! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to check out the thumbnails and to see everything that is included in this resource.
If you like this Penguin STEAM Day or are looking for other STEAM Days, make sure to follow us. We are creating three to four theme-based STEAM Days for each month!
☞ Click the green ⭐ star in the upper left corner of our store page to follow us for freebies and new resources!
You may also be interested in these theme days:
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Polar Bear
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Gingerbread Man
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Reindeer
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Candy Cane
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Apples
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Pirate
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Color
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Pumpkin
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | Bats
- STEAM Day Centers and Activities | BUNDLE 1 (Chicka, Apples, Pirate, Color)
- Theme Days BUNDLE | Math, Literacy & STEM Activities & Room Transformations
- St. Patrick’s Day STEAM Day | Cracking Lucky’s Code
- Pirate Adventure Day
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have fun!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods (Kinderbrations)
There are no reviews yet.