Engaging and hands-on phonics practice! Your students will love these hands-on phonics literacy centers to practice alphabet letter matching, beginning sounds, and reading and writing CVC words. These are great for whole-class teaching, small group phonics instruction, literacy centers, independent practice, morning work, or intervention. Perfect for kindergarten, TK, 1st grade, prechool / Pre-K, or homeschool students!
- 18 different hands-on phonics literacy centers that your students will LOVE! All centers come in color OR black and white! They store perfectly in photo storage containers (cover labels included). You’ll also get BIG savings by purchasing the bundle!
- Differentiated recording sheets for every center
- Puzzles (match letters, beginning sound pictures to letters, or pictures to CVC words)
- Clip Cards (find and clip the matching letter, beginning letter sound, or CVC word
- Literacy Locks (match the key (letter, letter sound, or CVC word) to the lock (letter or picture)
- Write the Room (find and write letters, beginning sounds, or CVC words/sentences)
- I Spy (match or find letters, beginning sounds, CVC words and pictures)
- Fishing (“catch” a letter, beginning sound picture, or CVC picture, put it in the ocean with the matching letter, letter sound, or CVC word)
Why use these Literacy Centers?
Research supports how important it is for beginning readers to practice letter recognition, consonant sounds, and decoding CVC words. Intentional, frequent, and focused opportunities to practice over an extended time (deliberate practice) facilitates automaticity with these skills. Since research also shows that learners are more motivated to do an activity that is fun and novel, these literacy centers are activities that meet that criteria. They combine the motivation of hands-on, engaging activities and deliberate practice with the goal of helping students gain automaticity in various phonics skills, and does it in a way that is both fun and motivational.
You May Also Be Interested In:
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected]. Be sure to click HERE to follow our store for new products and freebies! We will be adding additional centers for a variety of math and phonics skills!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods