Do you want to make the task of learning sight words into something fun and motivating for students? Make it a challenge! We took the first 200 Fry Sight Words and divided them into 20 levels in groups of 10. Each level (group of 10) has been given a pirate-themed name. In order to “pass” a level and move to the next level, the student needs to read all of the words in a level with automaticity. It’s a swashbuckling way to learn sight words!
- An assessment for initial placement and continued progress monitoring
- Class recording sheets
- Detailed instructions for each component
- A parent letter explaining the program (an EDITABLE version is also included)
- Individual and comprehensive word lists
- Flashcards to send home for each level
- Flashcards to use as practice or with center activities for the classroom (in color and black and white)
- Certificates of completion for each level (in color and black and white)
- Reward tags for each level (in color and black and white)
- Binder and storage system covers/labels
- Individual student pirate maps to keep track of progress (in color and black and white)
We have seen incredible motivation and results with students across multiple grade levels with our sight word resource. Students are very motivated to learn words and pass a level. AND… since there is review built in, they maintain previously learned words as well!
** Download the preview to see each program component
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods