Do you celebrate the 120th day of school? These are fun and engaging centers and activities that work with numbers to 120. This can be a special day or centers spread out over a week. This day can be done at any time during the school year- on the 120th day of school, a day in October, or even at the end of the school year!
The excitement begins when the students receive a note welcoming them to the 10×12 Construction Crew and requesting them to report to their job site (their classroom) in the morning. After the students arrive, “clock in” and receive their crew badge, they will report and rotate through several “job sites” (centers). After completing the activity at their job site, students will receive a number to add to a giant 120’s chart posted in the classroom as they build their way to 120.
Included are 12 different engaging centers and activities. You can do as many or as few as you have time for.
“Job sites” (centers) include:
* Building a 120 Cup Tower (roll, add, record, and build)
* I Can Build to 100 Book (making tens using ten frames and number sentences)
* Building a 10×12 Snack (counting to 120 by tens with snack foods)
* Engineering with 120 (planning and designing a bridge to hold 120 paperclips)
* Building with 120 Snapping Blocks (building structures and recording creations)
* Building with 120 Blocks (designing a plan and building structures collaboratively)
* QR Construction Videos (QR codes that link to videos of time-lapsed construction
projects and vehicles)
* Number Report (differentiated recording sheets to write to 120)
* Building with Blueprints (building structures following blueprint cards)
* Count the Room (reading and recording numbers to 120 represented by base ten
* Building Number Puzzles to 120 (sequencing numbers to 120 by completing several different puzzles)
* Roll and Build to 120 Game (roll, add, and record to reach 120)
What’s Included: (most resources created in color are also created in ink-saving black & white)
* EDITABLE Parent sign up sheet (open with Power Point)
* EDITABLE note to go home with students (open with Power Point)
* Crew badges for each student
* Inspection checklists
* Safety Inspector cover sheet for guest inspector
* Job Spec envelope cover sheets (directions for each center)
* EDITABLE Job Spec cover sheet to create your own activities (open in Power Point)
* Recording sheets for job site activities (if needed)
* Printable materials for each job site activity (if needed)
* QR code cards for construction videos
* 3D I Can Build Cards
* Bridge photo cards
* Construction signs for decor
* Building to 120 snack ten frames
* Number cards to 120 to use in building the giant class 120’s chart
* Numbers to 120 puzzles
* Count the Room cards
* Certificate of Completion for each student
You can go all out with caution tape, hard hats, blueprints hanging on the wall, construction cones, and safety vests, or keep it simple! It’s entirely up to you.
We hope you and your crew have an exciting time building your way to 120! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Be sure to download the preview to see everything that is included in this resource.
**Please Note** We also created a Construction Day to 100 which is almost identical to this day. We had several first grade teachers ask us to create this for their 120th day of school, so we modified the activities to go to 120 in this resource. Click HERE to see our Construction Day- Building to 100.
Be sure to click the green star in the upper left corner of our store page to follow us for freebies and new resources!
You might also be interested in:
100’s Day Mystery- Save Zero the Hero!
Back to School Pirate Meet the Teacher
My Mom is a Star! A Mother’s Day Celebration
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods
There are no reviews yet.