What is an engaging way to practice addition and subtraction, CVC and CVCe words, engineering, and science? By playing Candy Land, of course! Your students will be highly motivated to complete the differentiated stations to complete the game and arrive at Candy Castle!
The Premise: The idea is that students rotate through eight different lands (Skittle Swamp and Peppermint Pass are the same station/land) and complete tasks at each land. Each center lasts around 15-20 minutes. At the end of the station, the helper at the station pulls out the game card at that table. The picture on the game card shows which land they are rotating to next. When the game is over (they’ve completed all of the stations), students will get one final game card that will take them to Candy Castle where they will find a special treat (we had Smarties candy for each student).
* Gummy Cave– Addition to 12
* Cupcake Creek– CVC and CVCe words
* Licorice Lagoon– Designing and engineering a bridge/boat/raft
* Chocolate Mountain– Subtraction
* Lollipop Woods– Write the Room activity with missing CVC words
* Skittle Swamp– Science experiment/observation with Skittles
* Peppermint Pass– Science experiment/observation with peppermint candies
* Gumdrop Hills– Engineering with gumdrops and toothpicks
* Ice Cream Slopes– Making ice cream sundaes and graphing results
This will be a learning-filled day that your students will never forget!
✓ Detailed directions for each station, classroom set up, and more!
✓ What to prep check-off list
✓ Resource sample photos and explanations
✓ Editable sign up sheet
✓ Game cards for each station
✓ Signs for each land
✓ Signs with instructions for each station/land
✓ Recording sheets for most stations
✓ Printable materials for most stations
You can go all out with this classroom transformation and turn your classroom into a giant Candy Land game, or you can keep it simple! It’s entirely up to you. You can do all of the stations or even just a few of them. We hope you and your students have fun with this! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected].
→ You may also be interested in these other engaging days!
Be sure to click the ⭐ STAR ⭐ in the upper left hand corner of our store to follow us for new products, sales, and freebies!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods